Dizengof Center - the sketchers' heaven

It have been a long time I wanted to set meeting for the Sketchcrawl at Dizengof Center - crazy urban Tel-Avivian labyrinth. Our last Sketchcrawl of the end of summer were needed air conditioned place, we met at the second flour and I saw excited and a bit scared gazes of the arriving sketchers - so many things, angles, subjects... what to start from? how to choose the scene, the tools, the time to invest?
Indeed, the place like the Center, with so many irritations, more than any place, deserves time for loitering, understanding the space, its energy, what attracts us here. While waiting for the other sketchers, I tried to think what I want to start from. I wanted very much to start from the space, black and white drawing which will deal with the monster building. But when I saw the "parliament" - the group of old men sitting around the table in MacDonald's, I couldn't resist! Sketching with markers is something I don't do very often, and I felt that this scene fits to markers graphical qualities.


After this warm up, the entrance to the movie theater attracted me. This place had a more quiet and even mystical atmosphere, and the huge poster of the Almodovar's movie "Julieta" added to the feeling. The perfect technique for this scene would be acrylic, but I were needed to satisfy with watercolor which I had. 

After another  round in the Center, we decided with Nathan and Rachel to sketch the view from the window on the junction outside. This time I stayed with graphite and touches of red, that's how felt for me this place, burning in the heat of the end of August.

The last sketch, before the final meeting - again with markers, wonderful characters in the "Sudoku corner".

Time flied so fast, I felt that I just started to warm up. This place is a real sketching heaven, it has everything you can desire, fits every taste and style, exactly as its many shops full of various products for every taste and budget.
This drawing was done after the sketchcraw, while me and Rachel was waiting for someone. It was in totally different atmosphere...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Findings from the Flea Market

About Me

MG Swap Sketching Experience